.

.

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

M Goes to Chi-Town (Friday & Saturday)

Finally Memorial Day weekend rolled around & it was time for Katie & I to go to Chicago for Sara's 30th birthday weekend in her new city!! I was so excited about many things: visiting Sara #1 (brief key player summary of Sara...we met freshman year of college, both rushed & pledged Kappa Delta together, lived in an apartment our senior year together, have stayed very great friends since then. She was living in  Dallas at the exact time in my life when I truly needed & wanted a close friend around when I had 2 kids in less than a year time period. On MANY days, Sara was my saving grace by simply hanging out with us, bringing me Bucks, our Mi Co dinner dates, and the list goes on and on.) Soooooo when a new job opportunity came up in Chicago for her I must admit I had a difficult time picturing my friend not being around. However I remind myself & her at times that God has a plan & everything has a reason even though we cannot see it. I feel like there is a reason that she has moved off to Chicago. I only wish her the very best in life & love her!
#2 reason I was pumped is that I couldn't wait to a fun girls/adult only weekend away & in Chi-Town!! (I've only been there once when I was 6 years old.
The very fun & cool part is that Cristina (my freshman roommate & sorority sister) & Jessica (sorority sister) decided to come up that weekend as well to surprised Sara. Cristina just had her 2nd baby 2 months ago so major props to her for pulling that off! Sara was SO shocked & it was just such a wonderful refreshing time with old great friends!! We had LOTS of laughs!! I really really liked Chicago & cannot wait to go back!
The big surprise at the pizza place!!
So happy to be there with you, Sara!
Cristina, Jessica, & Katie, & our huge deep dish Chicago pizza.
Saturday morning driving into downtown.


Sara & I went on a morning walk at the lake which is a block from her apartment...awesome!
Love the lake :)
Saturday lunch at a SNL classic place, Billy Goat Tavern
Girls on Michigan Ave whooooo!!
Quite an experience at lunch. :)


<3

Mommy loves you Emma Kate :)
Mama loves to shop!
Away from the kids & in the Disney store taking pics for the kiddos.

 Taxi to dinner Saturday night because of feet were SO tired from all 5 miles of walking that day!
 I'm the front taxi cab rider because I enjoy chatting it up!
 After dinner having some drinks.
Champagne please!
Katie got to carry a "special" gift home hahaha!!


No comments:

Post a Comment