.

.

Sunday, September 7, 2014

Emma Kate's First Day of Kindergarten

{August 25, 2014}
Emma Kate started kindergarten. To say this moment was surreal would be an understatement for me. I just continue to think back the last five years of being her stay-at-home-mom from her newborn to baby/became a big sister stage then to a toddler and into her little girl phase. Then to send her off to school 7 hours a day 5 days a week was exciting & heartbreaking at the same time. She is truly the most special extraordinary person EVER.

This scenario continued to crossed my mind leading up to EK starting kinder it was someone saying to me "give me your most prized treasure....and then I drop her off." It's so silly to think in that mind frame, but that's honestly how I felt. And right now as I typing this tears are streaming down my face. What a big milestone for Emma Kate & for us as a family.

She was nervous & excited at once. She was brave until it was time to say bye in her classroom & got slightly teary. That's when I had about five seconds to make my quick hug & kiss good-bye & get out of there so she didn't see me turn into mush. I thought about & missed her all day.
Picking her up after the first day was the best!
















No comments:

Post a Comment