.

.

Sunday, January 10, 2010

It's Christmas Day!!!



                         




A beautiful white Christmas on Emma Kate's first one, so special! We did our own Christmas/Santa together that morning just the three of us.  Emma Kate went to her stocking and found her goodies in there. We looked at her Santa gifts. Then, EK opened up her gifts from Mommy and Daddy.  We loved watching her rip the wrapping paper, try to eat it, and discover her new toy.  This being our first Christmas as parents was really special, but I know it will only get more and more special each year. 
After we did our little family Christmas, we braved the snow & icy roads to my parents (aka Lolly & Pop's) house.  The usual 15 minute drive took 30 minutes. Brett was quite cautious with his precious cargo. Emma Kate was able to take a snooze while we drove over there too. 
We proceeded to celebrate Christmas with Lolly & Pop.  Emma Kate and Jackson got lots of fun presents!  My personal favorite was Emma Kate's wooden puzzle name stool.  I had one growing up so my mom ordered one with Emma Kate's name on the top line and a hearts/princess puzzle on the bottom line.  So sweet!  Then, we ate our traditional Christmas breakfast casserole my mom makes.  We got all ready for my Dad's side of the family to come over that afternoon.  My uncle, aunt, two cousins and their kiddos came over.  Emma Kate played and watched everyone all day.   Merry Christmas to all!!








First time stocking opening









Merry Christmas everyone! :)




















This is one of my favs.





Thank you Ray family for giving us The Elf on the Shelf...it will be such a great family hoilday tradition to start next Christmas.


We gave Daddy a new ipod.


He looks pretty happy and EK wants to eat it.


At Lolly & Pop's





sweet pic :)





her special stool


Jackson got lots of clothes








Looks like Brett is happy about all his gift cards.





New Coach sunglasses


It's hard to tell who's the happiest person in this pic!!





Jill, my cousin holding my girl











Logan (my 2nd cousin) is growing up so fast











ready to eat her Christmas dinner


Emma Kate's Christmas haul after 5 Christmas's with family


lots of gifts


Christmas books and letter Santa left Emma Kate





Merry first Christmas, my sweet angel!!!


2 comments:

  1. Caitlin had the same red 1st Christmas get-up. = )

    It looks like y'all had a wonderful holiday! I love all the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jenny. Aren't you loving being a mom?? Pretty great huh? Hope Caitlin is doing well & treating ya'll good.

    ReplyDelete