.

.

Monday, July 5, 2010

4th of July!

Okay, I feel like I'm always saying "what a difference a year makes" about my life, but I thought it again yesterday on the 4th of July. Last 4th of July, Emma Kate was just over 2 months old & we didn't have the faintest idea that I had just gotten preggers already!
This 4th of July was great!! My family of four had a nice day all together then after Emma Kate, Jackson, & Brett's afternoon naps we went over to my parent's house.  It was the whole crew: Lolly, Pop, Aunt Barbie, Uncle Steve, Katie, Sara, and us.  Uncle Steve was holding Jackson the minute we got him out of the carseat.  He loves babies & baby J loves him too! We hung outside for awhile.  Uncle Steve even put Jackson in the swing & he enjoyed it! Emma Kate was walking all around, but sticking close to her Lolly.  Of course, no family get-together in my family would be complete without some craziness.  This time it was Stan, my dad nearly catching his face on fire with the grill.  The flames got a bit out of control, luckily there was water nearby to put it out. haha  Another milestone, Emma Kate is pretty much eating all "real people" food now.  This is a recent development...she's been kinda picky about real food in the past and would always go back to her puree baby food.  But yesterday she sat in her chair and ate big people food: some hot dog, bun, watermelon, & avacodo.  Baby J wouldn't ever take a nap so after being awake for over 3 hours he was done....we headed home and got these babies to bed!  Jackson was so worn out he slept from 7:45pm-7:15am...yay!!!
I even got a special treat last night...Sara & I went to see Eclipse!  I've been waiting anxiously to see it and Brett gave me the green light to go last night once the babies were out for the night.  It was such an awesome movie!!





Mom & Barb don't look happy at all huh?!?!



Just wandering around in the grass with her doll, Lucy





Uncle Steve & J

sharing with Aunt Barbie

Jackson was our table centerpiece in his bumbo. :)

Sara & I...one of my bf's. going on 10 years. :)

                        

1 comment:

  1. Between his hat and her outfit...y'all are one well dressed family! It looks like you had a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete