.

.

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

My Dad the Hall of Famer!

On Friday night, my Dad was inducted into his high school (Thomas Jefferson "TJ") Hall of Fame. I'm so proud of him! The committee based their choice on: athletic achievements while at TJ, athletic achievements post high school, community involvement, & success in life.
I went with my parents to the ceremony that was held before the TJ football game (which I might add that nobody goes to because the team is so bad now). Brett stayed home to do the bedtime routine with Emma Kate & Jackson (dinners, baths, playtime, & bedtime) & then Aunt Katie was so sweet to come over so Brett could come join me at the party.  The majority of the people in the stands were the inductees' fans. After the ceremony my parents hosted a celebration party at their place.  It was a fun night!!
Here are pics that I got. I videoed my Dad's induction part, but for some very frustrating reason it won't allow me to upload to my blog...uggghh! Maybe someday I'll figure that dang thing out....when I have time haha!

                  The 3 of us before the ceremony

High School sweethearts...they've been together since they were 16 years old!! oh my!


Love him!!



            telling a old school basketball story complete with motions!

                                      cheering section


My Dad's high school basketball coach is next to him in the red shirt. My dad asked if he would be the one to present him with his award & he came up from Austin to do so! Nice guy!

Dad far right

                    waiting his turn, he was the last one.







        Roger Bell, our good friend was first to greet Dad with a smile & handshake. :)

  Roger & Stan's fashion style...Tommy Bahama shirts, jeans & loafers. Thankfully, he listened to me and changed out of his tennis shoes!

2 comments: