.

.

Monday, September 6, 2010

A Nice & Simple Labor Day Weekend


This Labor Day weekend was just our little family of four being together...pretty great I must say!

Friday: The babies & I hung out with Lolly at her house in the morning until Brett got off work early afternoon. We headed home to put them down for naps & then later took a nice walk over to the fields by our house. Emma Kate got to run free and burn off some energy with Daddy & Nash. Perfect weather!


Emma Kate grabbed her "kitty meow meow" & Abby to come along with her. :)

closer pic
     She's running free and straight towards all the kids practicing soccer.


                                Both loving it!!
testing out her boundaries...
   Sweet Jackson chewed on all his toys and strolled along.
"Catch me Daddy!"

                          

                                Running away again....

Saturday: Lots of playing, while EK and J napped I got busy cleaning out my closet (a long time coming), then we headed over to Jack Carter pool to go in the kid's wading pool. Emma Kate enjoyed it, but the water was a bit chilly so we didn't stay long. We walked over to the park and did a little swinging. Brett made a great dinner for him & I that night...crab legs & jumbo shrimp. Yummy!!!

checking it out

Looks like fun!
She climbed up the steps solo (just with Dad right behind).



Next summer they will LOVE this place! Running, splashing, & sliding down the slides.   
I won't be able to keep up!

swinging with my Mr. Man

Emma Kate's turn



She's talented...eating snacks while swinging.

Sunday: More playing of course. A drop-off trip to Goodwill from my closet clean out. Dinner at Chili's. This was a big dinner out because BOTH babies sat in highchairs at the table. Yes, my little man is able to sit up in a highchair now! We managed to eat quick enough that everyone was still in a good mood when we left! That's a successful dining out trip for us!

Morning playtime in EK's room. Gotta love her bed-head!!




Monday: We got a bit daring and went out for breakfast to The Original House of Pancakes (home of one of the greatest breakfast foods ever...The Dutch Baby). Since it was a holiday it was even more crowded than usual. Brett gave baby J a bottle in the car while Emma Kate and I walked around outside to pass the 30 minute wait.  Jackson started crying when we sat him in his highchair, so he sat in Brett's lap and was happy.  Emma Kate ate "baby" pancakes and would say "pancakes" in her sweet voice.  I ran errands while they both napped and did some cleaning later on.  Best part of the day....both were in bed asleep by 7:45pm!!

"Ready for The Pancake House...too bad I can't have any pancakes!"
breakfast time
her first time with hair clipped back :)

Melts Me!!
Melts Me Even More!!





               "Hey why did you stop the car? I was taking a snooze!"
            

3 comments:

  1. What a fun weekend! Yall are fun parents :) I love the pic of Emma Kate smiling while she's sleeping- adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are both getting so big! I love watching them grow! They are just precious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Meredith--Just ran across your blog! Congratulations on your Irish twins. Glad to see I am not the only busy mom!!! They are just precious!! Glad to see you are happy!

    ReplyDelete