.

.

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Baby Girl is 2 & 1/2 (and not so baby anymore)!!!

The title is all the truth. Emma Kate turned 2 1/2 today, which means she's now closer to 3 than 2...ohhhh my! And I'm reminded daily that she's not my tiny & dainty 6 pound 13 ounce baby that was placed in my arms 30 months ago. She is a funny, beautiful, smart, verbally gifted, strong-willed, moody (at times!), sometimes challenging girl! 3/4 of the time this is my favorite stage of Emma Kate's life & the other 1/4 of the time it's tough having a 2 year old...but it is what it is & I wouldn't change it. :)
Today, Emma Kate had a busy day. At MDO it was "Donuts with Dads" & the Noah's Ark Parade where the kids dress as animals. This morning she was in a bit of a "mood" hence only 2 pics in her cat costume before she left. Brett reported back with me after "Donuts with Dads" & said she was shy & quiet while he was there. Maybe it was the different type of activity of having all the Dads there in the classroom. However, she did fully enjoy her donut & asked for another. :)
When I picked her up she still had on the cat costume (yay to no accident at school today!). I took her to the bakery to buy cupcakes for the 2 1/2 year old celebration after dinner tonight. Then, we spent the rest of the afternoon watching Care Bears & Toys Story 3 since it was a cold rainy day. Here at the pics from today. :)

Emma Kate- I love you forever, like you for always, as long as I'm living my baby you'll be! xoxo

Does this face explain the 2 1/2 year old "mood"?!?!
A little smile with Daddy :)
Lovin that donut!
 Afternoon at home. Quick pic with Mommy.
Watching Toy Story 3 with Lolly in the movie room. 
 Now that's MY GIRL!!


 Brother loved the cupcake too. :)
 It's pretty cute lately anytime you say "Emmmmmaaa" in a special voice he cracks up laughing. This is the result again!

 Pretend blowing out the candle. :)



 Daddy with his babies


 Cupcakes make everyone happy!
Wrapping up the day with milk & reading books.

2 comments:

  1. Awwwh yay!!! Happy half bday ek, and we too know about those •Moods• ....lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, it's going to be crazy when they actually turn 3!! EEKS! Happy Half Birthday, Emma! We definitely have moods in our house, too!

    ReplyDelete