.

.

Friday, October 14, 2011

My 1st DIY Post

My blog isn't a DIY (Do It Yourself), food recipes, I'm ridiculously creative & want to show others all my creations kind of blog. But I have been a bit more creative lately because of Pinterest (so many great ideas & pics) plus we're in a new house & I have new space to decorate. Here's one project I've done lately. We wanted to make a "picture wall" in the playroom with various frame sizes to display the THOUSANDS of pics we have taken. I bought the alphabet print at TJ Maxx for $20 bucks & decided that would be the center. We had all these brown frames, but I needed black to match. Soooooo I primed & painted them black. Easy way to not spend the extra cash rebuying black ones. :)
Hard part was going through our gazilion pictures & narrow it down to 30 or so. Thankfully, Brett tackled the organizing of the "puzzle" of frames & hanging them up. Hanging things can be a beating!! Especially doing this with your spouse (no offense babe!) Measuring, keeping them straight, not too close together, not too far etc etc....so I got the heck outta his way & left Brett alone while hanging. When I woke up it was all done! Thanks love!!

 Priming first

 Gotta have a cute helper!



Making good use of the tricycle basket :)
 Then 2nd child woke up from naptime ready to "help" :)
 Totally frame worthy!


 Started brown....now all black.

 Picture Wall all done in playroom!! (still a few crooked, but we'll get them fixed)
 Up close left side
 Middle
Right side

5 comments:

  1. Oh, that's really cute, Meredith!! I wish I had space to hang more pictures of Presley... they're all so cute!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks amazing girl! And you know I love me some DIY. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So proud of you! I knew you had it in you! ;)

    ReplyDelete