.

.

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

2012 Resolutions- Putting It In Writing

2011 has passed. Great year overall! Highlights were: March- Jackson turned one! April- Emma Kate turned two! June- Jackson met his only great-grandparent, Grandma Cleo. July- sold our old house & moved into our new one in Castle Hills neighborhood. August- both kids started Mother's Day Out program at CLC Prestonwood.
Then, the last few months of the year hit us hard...as in our 2 toddlers hit a very challenging age/stage. EK is smack dab in the middle of her 2's. Yikes!! Jackson is 3 months away from being 2. Yikes!!
I try to remind myself of the quote "this too shall pass." I want my babies to stay small forever, however it's a challenging time with the not listening, fighting, & toddler meltdowns for no apparent reason.

Okay that's the background for this post. Here are my 2012 New Year's Resolutions for this (maybe, quite possibly challenging year):
1. Try to be patient & calm with my children. Teach them right/wrong & good choices vs bad choices to the best of my ability.
2. Lose my "baby weight" aka 10 lbs (even though 15 lbs would be awesome!)
3. Run a spring half marathon (goes with #2)
4. Don't turn the big 3-0... Ugh guess thats inevitable. :(
5. Remember all year that this marks the 10 year anniversary I met my love. (May 2002 in Birmingham, Alabama)

Now it's official because it's in print. Bring it 2012!

1 comment:

  1. OMG, Meredith! My two toddlers are certainly trying my patience. I just keep reminding myself that the days are long, but the years are short. Keeping my fingers crossed that baby #3 doesn't stir things up too much. I'm also not really looking forward to 30. Don't really know why, but I'm not thrilled about it :)

    ReplyDelete