.

.

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

The Driving "Light Bulb" Went Off

My parents aka Lolly & Pop gave Emma Kate & Jackson battery operated cars for their big Christmas gifts (as if they don't give/or haven't given enough!) already.  My Dad personally adopted these cars as his own conquest. He spent 4 1/2 hours putting EK's pink (had to be pink!) Cadillac (like Mommy's!) car together. Then, he spent 10 hours, yes 10 hours on Jackson's silver Benz. So these cars are for sure a labor of love!
Up until last week all the kids have enjoyed doing in them is get in & out, in & out, in & out a million times. it's like watching a Chinese fire drill on repeat!
Then one day last week we were having some nice winter temps so I suggested we go to my parents to play outside. They both went straight for my Dad & their cars. Jackson hopped right in & actually put his foot on the pedal & drove Emma Kate all around. Well, he hasn't actually mastered both pedal & steering, but we'll get there. EK loves to be driven around by her little brother (which is somewhat odd, because most of the time it's "I go first, Jackson second!) It might be the most adorable thing! here are pics from last week & the driving "light bulb moment" as I cal it.



 Yay sissy!! Go!!
 "We're goingggg!"




 They both get SO excited when the car starts & stops. :)



 My heart melts!








Car change




 I want to keep her this tiny forever!



No comments:

Post a Comment