.

.

Saturday, January 12, 2013

New Year, New Things

"What a difference a year makes" is my thought as each new year starts, especially with my kids. 2012 was overall very good for us. I would say as being the stay-at-home- mom there were challenging times with a 2 & 3 year old behavior wise, but that's going to be every year I assume.

I'm hopeful that 2013 treats us well. I believe that it will bring new things & experiences for our family. Soccer is Emma Kate & Jackson's first new thing/experience this year. It's their first time "playing" a sport (more like fun & teaching together.)

I described it to Brett as one of the cutest scenes for a parent...both kids were excited all morning & couldn't wait for 11am. They happily walked right onto the field & met Coach Deb. Emma Kate led the way & showed Jackson that they needed to find & go sit on a soccer ball in the line of kiddos. Coach Deb went over the rules & called out everyone names. I was so proud of how well both my kids listened to their Coach. They did fun practice exercises, each child had a turn to make a goal, & then they played at real game.

Emma Kate ran/skipped right with the ball & action during the game, but never got in the middle of the action. Jackson stood in the center of the field for awhile, then ran around some, & stuck close to Coach Deb. I'm looking forward to seeing how they enjoy, improve, & interact throughout this session.




Control of the ball.

Best picture I got of EK & Jackson with Cade (our next door neighbor)

Jackson's turn to make a goal


Allyn, my friend/neighbor snapped a picture of what I looked like when it was my kids turn to make their goals. Videoing with my phone & taking pictures with my camera. Normal right?!?
Game time. Look at Emma Kate right up there by the ball & Jackson is running the right way! Yay!

My fast girl!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I'm so impressed at their behavior! We've tried both soccer and tee ball with Becca, but she was so shy that she would just go out and stand there. In soccer, I don't think she ever even touched the ball. I'm hoping she will want to play tee ball again this year.--Rhonda

    ReplyDelete