.

.

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

One Week Old, Little Man!!


Yesterday, Jackson turned one week old!  I cannot believe how quickly and how much life can change in a single week. Yet it feels right to have our sweet princess, Emma Kate & our little prince, Jackson Reid. 
One week in, we are getting some sleep in 2-3  hour spans at night.  Last night was the best one yet.  We fed him at 8:45pm and Brett & I got smart and went to bed at 9:45pm, then fed him at midnight, 3am, and 7:50am this morning.  He'll usually eat and go back to sleep within an hour at night.  Lots of sleeping, eating, and diaper changes.  Emma Kate is doing great with her baby brother.  She's interested in him and gives him love & pats him (sometimes a bit too hard).  Then, she goes about her business.  There have been some "fussy" times when one person is holding Jackson and she wants to be held too.  I expect that to be a normal occurance when you have 2 babies. 
Brett was off work all last week & it was fabulous to have him here.  We each had a baby at all times so nobody was left out. :)  I got very anxious & emotional thinking about him going back to work.  All my thoughts of "how in the world can I do this on my own?" came into my mind.  Luckily, I have the best mom ever and she was here bright and early Monday morning to take charge of Emma Kate and let me sleep while Jackson was sleeping.  Then, Brett's mom is coming to visit and help out Thursday and Friday.  I honestly don't know how people do it without any help...I'm beyond thankful for my Mom!
Here are some pics from the first week with our Irish Twins!



















This makes me laugh...2 babies getting bottles!





2 comments:

  1. OH my gosh, he is so cute!! I am sure it is so tough with two of them. Please let me know if we can do anything to help you guys! We can't wait to see yall at playdates and meet the new little man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The size difference between Emma and Jackson is crazy! I cannot imagine John Michael ever being Emma's size! :)

    ReplyDelete