.

.

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Happy 1st birthday Emma Kate!

I'm ashamed at myself as a "blogging mama."  I'm just now posting about Emma Kate's FIRST birthday...hello huge deal!  It's not like I have a 7 week old as well, that it just took me an hour to get down for his afternoon nap (who shall remain nameless).  By the way, Baby J is the king of sleep tricks...you think he's snoozing then 5 minutes later he cries out and so the cycle begins.
Back to the actual point of this post, last Tuesday, April 27th Emma Kate turned 1 year old!  I had so many emotions about her first birthday.  I couldn't believe it had been one year since I went into Plano Presby that rainy stormy April morning so anxious and nervous and by 3:13 that afternoon it was a beautiful sunny day just like the perfect baby girl who had entered out lives!  Here's a letter for EK.

Dear Emma Kate,
One year has passed and I cannot believe how quickly it's flown by.  I remember the day you were born like it was yesterday.  I have never been more happy and proud in my life.  First, that I actually survived labor. Second, that you were healthy and perfect!  That day a whole new life for your Dad and I started.  I truly know what my purpose in life is now.  It's to be your mom.  That is and always will be the most important job I will ever have. In one year you have made me smile and laugh more than I could have imagined just by being yourself.  Your laugh is such an amazing sound that it makes me tear up from happiness just listening to it sometimes.  You have the sweetest face I have ever seen and it melts my heart.  I will not lie to you and say being a mom is easy, but someday you'll have a baby of your own and you'll understand how much love you have for them.  I loved you from the very first moment I saw you and I never dreamed of how much that love would grow in one year.  Emma Kate, you are caring, sweet, beautiful, funny, and smart.  I hope these qualities stay with you forever.  I cannot wait to watch you grow up, but at the same time the thought of it breaks my heart because I selfishly want you to always be my little baby girl.  I love you infinity! xoxoxo

Love always,
Mama
our first pic together April 27, 2009
6 pounds 13 ounces 19 3/4 inches long
newborn pics- 2 weeks old

Our family of 3 (little did we know it would only be for 10 1/2 months)
Emma Kate is 1! Reading a card Daddy gave her..plus he wrote her a 3 page letter too. So special!
the zoo for her bday

2 comments:

  1. SO SWEET! You have me teary eyed:(! Y'all are such a cute little family! Wish we lived closer so the kiddos could grow up together! Thank goodness for blog world;)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is so sweet, Meredith! Happy Birthday, Emma Kate. so glad we have met you and your mommy.

    ReplyDelete