.

.

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day 2010!


Dear Brett,

Last year was your first Father's Day.  On your second Father's day you have 2 babies!!  Now that's pretty impressive.  :)
I knew when we were dating without a doubt that you would be a wonderful dad, but you have surprised me beyond belief! You are truly amazing with Emma Kate and Jackson.  You have so much love for them.  You must be the most patient person I've ever meet.  The way you stand by their cribs trying to get them both to sleep as newborns for what seems like forever, or the middle of the night feedings, and endless diaper changes. Also, when you get home from work you jump right back into Daddy mode like you haven't just worked a full day already.  
I have loved watching your father-daughter relationship grow over the past year with Emma Kate.  She thinks you hung the moon.  She says Daddy all day long and gets so happy when you get home from work she starts shaking.  She always makes sure you're watching her and seeing all the cute & funny things she's doing.
Now that Jackson has arrived it's like he was just made to be with us.  I see how much you enjoy & love his smiles and coos.  You like watching him learn new things and become more active each day.  I often think that I want Jackson to become a wonderful man someday who is loving, hard working, loyal, honest, and trustworthy.  Then, I remind myself that he has you to look up to and see what this kind of husband and father looks like.
Brett, I know it's challenging having two babies only 10 1/2 months apart and we're in a tough phase right now on having a almost 14 month old & 3 month old, I don't say it nearly enough but THANK YOU times a million! I really could not do this parent gig without you. Even though it's very tiring and tough at times I'm loving raising Emma Kate & baby J with you.  Nothing makes me happier than being with you & our babies!  xoxo

Love always,
"M"

                                            Very 1st pic with Emma Kate 4-27-09

Brett with both his babies! Emma Kate visiting Jackson in the hospital. March 2010


                                                       last weekend hanging out. June 2010



one of her most favorite things to do..read and be read to. :)


                                                  swim time on Father's Day 2010

1 comment:

  1. very sweet post! it is so crazy how much does change in just one year (and especially for you guys) :)

    ReplyDelete