.

.

Saturday, June 5, 2010

"My Girls"





"My girls" are my best friends from college.  We are a group of five: Jamie (aka James), Carrie Jo (Bear), Andrea (AK), Julia (Jules), and myself. We met in 2000 when Andrea, Julia, and I made the University of Arkansas Diamond Doll squad that year.  Jamie and Carrie are older than us three so they were already on the squad.  Over the next 4 year these girls became my very best friends.  Since we've graduated college our friendship has continued on.  College, baseball, boyfriends that became husbands, vacations, weddings, babies, and more laughter than one could imagine we've been through it together.  We were all bridesmaids in each others weddings.  It's been 10 years and I cherish each one of them!  Although we don't live in the same areas, so we can't see each other as often as we would like.  BUT sometimes you just REALLY need to see your "girls."  Well, that was me last weekend... Sex and the City 2 just opened at the movies.  I emailed the girls on Thursday about a crazy idea of  meeting half way to McAlester, OK, having lunch, and go to see the new SATC2 movie.  (flashback 2 years ago: we were in Arkansas having lunch at PF Changs when I told the girls that Brett & I were going to try to have a baby & then we went to see the first SATC movie).  Wow a lot has changed in 2 short years...I have 2 babies now!!
So Jamie, Carrie, Julia, and I met in Oklahoma.  AK, couldn't make it due to prior plans....we missed our cowgirl! 
Overall, totally worth driving 4 1/2 hours by myself in one day.  The movie was wonderful & the company was the best part! Pics of us at the lovely movie and bringing in our own cocktails. :)

BTW, Thanks to the best husband for telling me to go have fun and having the babies all day.  Love ya babe!

Jamie, me, and Julia in front of this awesome establishment
Jamie, Carrie, & Julia...smile gals!
Jamie and I with our "smuggled" in drinks.  Thank goodness for big purses these days.
Carrie is keeping her cork as a memory of a great day.
We hoped it wouldn't be sold out...not a problem!


1 comment:

  1. Ahhh....you all are so cute. Glad you got to hang out with your girls!

    ReplyDelete