.

.

Saturday, November 6, 2010

1 month until 13.1...

One month from yesterday is my half marathon...13.1 miles. And I'm starting to feel anxious about it. (probably because I haven't gotten in as many weekday runs as I should have.)  Flashback to 2007 when I ran my first half marathon: I was teaching Kindergarden in Frisco ISD, married & happily enjoying just Brett & my time together, & had every opportunity to train. I had a wonderful run that chilly December day & finished in 2 hours & 13 minutes. I promised myself that day that I would do another 1/2...well I can't believe it's already been 3 years, but I'm heading to the White Rock race again!

Here's what a difference 3 years made in my life & running: 1 pregnancy, gave birth to the baby girl, became a SAHM, another pregnancy, gave birth to the baby boy, now juggling 2 babies that are 10 1/2 months apart while training for this race (and attempting to get the last baby weight 8 pounds off in the process). Yes, things are much different training this time around!

Basically, my whole life now is being Emma Kate & Jackson's mom, running & training for this race is the only thing in my life that I do alone & all for me. While I'm running I keep thinking about how proud I'm going to feel when I see Brett, Emma Kate, & Jackson at the race cheering me on & when I cross that finish line! I'm determined to prove to myself that I can do this (again) in this new chapter of my life!

2 comments:

  1. You can do it little mamma. This is a great thing to do for yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm cheering you on too! You can do it! You're a supermom!

    ReplyDelete