.

.

Sunday, December 5, 2010

White Rock Half Marathon...CHECK!!

Today was my half marathon (2nd one for me, but this was my 1st one post-babies) What a sweet feeling of accomplishment!! Even if my legs/knees are hating me right now as I lay in bed with the heating pad on them. :(
Good race overall. Cold morning at Fair Park, but once I was running my temp was fine. My first 10 miles were the best part for me. I got to see Brett, Katie, Emma Kate, & Jackson TWICE during my run!! Seeing them was so motivating! What a rockstar husband/daddy to get his babies all ready to go, out downtown, & at the perfect times to cheer Mama on running her race.  Special thanks to Katie for coming with Brett to help with the babies. Everything is always easier with 2 adults to 2 babies!
Miles 10-13.1 were HARD...my legs were hurting & it was a long last 3.1 miles. But I finished so that's all that matters!! Finish time was 2 hours & 34 mins.
Forgot to put pics up yesterday & today, but I promise I will tomorrow from the weekend!! This sore running mama is off to bed... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment