.

.

Friday, September 16, 2011

Happy 1 1/2 Birthday, Jackson!

Jackson Reid how can you be 18 months old...that's half way to 2 years old OH MY!! Yesterday Mr. Man turned 1 1/2, Emma Kate went to MDO, & that meant it was mommy/Jack date (he gets me every Thursday to himself.) We took advantage of the cooler temps & went to the park for an hour. Jackson had fun cruising all around, climbing, & sliding. Next stop was TJ Maxx to look for any cute fall kids clothes. Lastly, my cute chubby date & I lunched at Potbelly's. We were the oddballs there because it was all work people with no kids in sight - haha whatever didn't bother us!
When I picked up Emma Kate from MDO I asked her if she wanted to go buy a cupcake for Jackson for an after dinner celebration. She replied "yes and I hold it!" Cupcakes for EK, J, & Daddy were a big hit!

About our 1 1/2 Year Old:
- Most adorable little guy EVER! Seriously, he melts my heart with that smile & big blue eyes & long lashes.
- Still a sleeping champ. Bedtime around 7:30pm-7am & takes one long nap daily around 2-3 hours. Must have his lovely or 2, & red Razorback blanket, & the fan turned on.
- Eating...ummm well by looking at him you would think he doesn't miss a meal, but he's a picky eater. Carbs + fruit= Jack's diet. Veggies & turkey are in there too. But no chicken or beef. Odd!! I keep telling myself to give him meat & one day he'll eat it.
- Goes to Mother's Day Out one day (Tuesdays). Doesn't like being dropped off, but his teachers give me good reports of him having a great time & by how worn out he is afterwards I believe them!
- Understands SO much lately of what we tell him. Can follow simple directions.
- Talking LOTS lately. Most used words are: mommy, daddy, Emma, Nash, juice, open, up, off, bye bye, hi, lovey, Lolly, Poppy, show, school, happy, Dora, baby.
- Still chomping away with his 8 teeth (new one this week finally broke through...4 on top & 4 on bottom.) There are more on the way by the drool & sticking his finger in his mouth recently.
- Has started singing the ABC song. Big sister "taught" it to him aka he's heard it a million & one times so he's singing away too. He groups a few letters together & raises his little voice. CUTENESS!! I'll upload the video soon on here.
-Also, he now knows Lolly & Pop's street & says "Lolly Lolly" as we pass their street. I was pretty impressed he picked up on the street even when we were just passing it.
- We nicknamed him "Swiper" (a character on Dora who swipes things). Jackson liked to "swipe" Emma Kate's prized possessions...her lovely & passy. He thinks it's a big game. This causes me to be even more of a referee than I already am daily. :(

I thank God everyday for giving me this perfect sweet boy!! Love you to the moon & back Jack!! xoxo

Happy 1 1/2 old!


My lunch date :)
Wouldn't share any of his grilled cheese haha!!
She was very happy to hold the cupcakes until they almost fell & had to sit up front with mama. 
 "Okay, whats my surprise treat??"
 Good deal!!




Emma Kate enjoying her cupcake!
 My loves eating their cupcakes. :)



 Had to make sure to snap a pic with Lolly in it too. :)
 Lolly & her happy gbaby!
 attempt at our family pic with everyone looking
Big laughs!!


Jackson ( @18 months ) & Emma Kate (@ 27 months)

1 comment:

  1. Time truly has flown...literally feel like he wasn't even crawlibg yesterday....happy half bday little guy !!!

    ReplyDelete