.

.

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Joy Box

On Tuesday when I picked up the kids from MDO Emma Kate's teacher, Ms. Lois told me that she got the Chapel Angel Award! Of course, I had no clue what this really was, but any award is exciting & makes me proud! On her daily report card I get it often says that she enjoys Chapel & singing to the songs. She got a award card & then the "Joy Box" came home with us. We had "homework" assignment to have back by next class (Thursday.)
The plan was to do the Joy Box on Wednesday night. Tuesdays after both kids go to MDO means they're both exhausted so I didn't want to attempt this. Wednesday Sara was staying with us because her AC went out...yay sleepover fun times! Then, Brett called me late afternoon & said he got invited to the Rangers game in a suite. Sara so nicely filled the other parent role by taking pictures & videoing the Joy Box activity. Thanks Sara!!
The directions were: gather the family, say a prayer, listen to the worship cd provided, read a story from the toddler Bible provided, & then write in the journal about the experience.
The Joy Box was a BIG hit! Emma Kate loved singing & dancing to the music that she hears in Chapel & both kids enjoyed listening to the story of Jesus birth & Noah's Ark.


Reading the directions
Yay I'm ready!
Dancing her little heart out!


Bopping all around!

Time to read our stories




Jack "let me seeeee!"
EK was talking to us about all the animals in Noah's Ark


AMEN!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment