.

.

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Emma Kate's First Dentist Visit

This morning, I took Emma Kate to the dentist for her first check-up & cleaning. We had talked about it leading up to today & I was hopeful that she wouldn't be frightened or upset when they were in her mouth. I'm so happy to report that she did wonderfully!! Couldn't have been a better 1st visit. They had a really fun game room to wait in. Then such a nice & sweet dental hygienist, Kate to show EK all the tools & make her comfortable. EK watched & listened so well to directions.  She got her teeth counted, cleaned, & flossed. They do a rating for each patient & Emma Kate got a 100%! Yay! Dr. Ryan said parents should pat themselves on the back as well since we're the ones majority doing the routine of brushing. Overall, such a great visit! And next time we'll see if EK has all her teeth in (still hasn't gotten her 2 year molars yet...at almost 3 years old! Sorry EK that's Mommy's fault you're a slow teether. It's hereditary. :( )














 The 100% club!! (her pic is the bottom middle one)


3 comments:

  1. 24Wow! EK’s teeth are all in perfect condition. With proper guidance, kids will develop the habit of good oral hygiene. Also, EK was so brave. I can’t see any hint of tears or fear while she was undergoing the check-up and cleaning! Good job mom and dad!

    -Avis Charland

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go, Emma! She is such a brave little girl! I remember when I first took my daughter to her dentist for a check-up. She was a little afraid, but my wife and I told her that everything will be alright. We even brought her favorite stuff toy to make her feel comfortable. It was a great help, as she was holding her teddy all throughout the procedure. And yes, we gave her a treat after the dental visit! (Ted Grimmer)

    ReplyDelete
  3. She might have enjoyed the waiting room that’s why she forgot to be afraid of the check up. Haha! Anyway, I can clearly see on your pics that she enjoyed her first visit to the dentist. I just hope my little angel will feel the same way on Sunday. Fingers crossed. :)

    : Eugenie Velasquez

    ReplyDelete